Code 96 WordPress Design has listened to the readers of the popular PHP Mobile Redirect post, and has just released a plugin to assist WordPress users. The PHP Mobile Redirect Plugin will easily integrate the popular mobile redirect solution that many of you have used on your sites. You now have the option to easily integrate the PHP Mobile Redirect Plugin on your WordPress site.
PHP Mobile Redirect Plugin Download
The plugin is hosted in the WordPress plugin database, and has received several downloads on the first day of this launch. This plugin is free for use, and has been designed as light weight as possible. Visit the following link to download this plugin and start redirecting your mobile users.
1. Upload the zip file to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3. Go to Settings > PHP Redirect.
4. Put in the mobile site URL (excluding http://) to the website you would like to redirect mobile traffic to.
6. Select the name of the cookie you will set on your mobile site to bypass the redirect.
7. Select “Save Options” and you are done.
The PHP Mobile Redirect Plugin settings are found in your WordPress dashboard under Settings > PHP Redirect. You will need to visit the plugin options page to enter your mobile site URL (excluding http://), and set the name of the cookie on your mobile site. The cookie name is important, as it is set once a visitor visits your mobile site. You may then provide a “View Full Site” link on your mobile site, and users returning to your full site will bypass the redirect.
Code 96 WordPress Design is committed to the PHP Mobile Redirect Plugin, and hope to help you handle your mobile traffic. If you find an error or have any suggestions, we would love to hear from you. Please drop us a line and we will get back to you as soon as possible.